Here are the priceless GEMS that I acquired from Amy’s Book:
1. The doing is the thing. The talking and worrying and thinking is not the thing.
2. I believe great people do things before they are ready.
3. Going from crying to laughing that fast and hard happens maybe five times in your life and that extreme right turn is the reason why we are alive, and I believe it extends our life by many years.
4. If your parents are still alive, call them today as ask them to describe the day you were born.
5. When you have comfortable and loving middle-class family, sometimes you yearn for a dance on the edge. This can lead to an overactive imagination, but it is also the reason why kids in Montana do meth.
6. Adventure and danger can be good for you heart and soul. Violence and desperation are brutal things to search out. Why search out the horror? It’s around us in real ways every day.
7. New York can be a lonely place.
8. Don’t think. Get out of your head. Stop planning and go.
9. Career is the stringing together of opportunities and jobs. Career is something that fools you into thinking you are in control and then takes pleasure in reminding you that you aren’t. Depending on your career is like eating cake for breakfast and wondering why you start to cry an hour later.
10. …the word “no” should be the “end of the discussion, not the beginning of a negotiation.” Quote by Gavin de Becker in THE GIFT OF FEAR.
11. “Do work that you are proud of with your talented friends.”
12. Your ability to navigate and tolerate change and its painful uncomfortableness directly correlates to your happiness and general well-being.
13. You have to be where you are to get where you need to go.
14. Benches are a often a place where something special happens and important talks take place.
15. The more I time-travel the more I learn I am always just where I need to be.
16. I firmly believe that every boy needs his mom to love him and every girl needs her dad to pay attention to her.
17. A bossy woman is someone who cares and commits and is a natural leader.
18. Not enough is made of the fact that being of service makes you feel good.
19. I think if you can dance and be free and not embarrassed you can rule the world.
THANK YOU AMY!